We are seeking a technical manager to be based in Gauteng.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and monitor the achievement of goals for the region.
- Provide training to staff in regard to technical operations and policies.
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Schedule, supervise and motivate branch staff in an effort to maintain optimal customer service satisfaction levels.
- Assist in evaluating staff’s work performance by helping to prepare and deliver annual reviews and preforming coaching sessions. Recommend training where needed.
- Manage the development of the team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each member’s career interests when possible.
- Monitor the quality of customer service and ensure that employees are maximizing opportunities to improve and sell service offerings.
- Work with the sales team to provide technical direction for the development, design and integration of systems from client engagement through to implementation.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify the needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions as appropriate, to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keep the project manager informed of the status of the design process and serve as a liaison between technical staff and the project manager.
- Manage technical resources within the budget and project schedule.
- Meet with suppliers to ensure AVT represents the cutting-edge of technology solutions and applies his knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Define and monitor product/solution choices in terms of design reliability, simplicity and best value.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent; Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in architecting, designing and developing products or system.
- Knowledge in software and utilization of industry platforms.
- Project management skills.
- Attention to details is expected.
- Excellence in written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Must work quickly, creatively, and decisively, delivering solutions on time and according to specification.