We are seeking a solution architect to join our corporate audio visual pre-sales team in Gauteng. This role will be client facing, and guide technical competence by supporting the sales team. A proven track record in working with large audio visual projects is a mandatory requirement.
Note that this role will be part of a career fast track to a business development position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend customer meetings and build value-added relationships from initial engagement through to sign-off, built on a consultative approach to engagement.
- Guide system design and product selection.
- Manage staff technical capabilities and competence through proactive training programmes.
- Proactive problem solving and managed escalation on technical issues.
- Creation of high quality presentations and proposals for major opportunities.
- Manage suppliers in terms of building and maintaining relationships and maintaining up to date knowledge of products and industry trends.
This is a reasonably technical post and candidates must have a feel for electronic systems in terms of design and implementation. The successful candidate will have experience in most of the following:
- Advanced audio visual, unified communication (video conferencing, voice and VMR) and networking experience and qualifications.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages used audio visual products such as Crestron, AMX, Kramer and Extron.
- Costing and proposal experience for large projects.
- Knowledge of project management techniques.
- Ability to work with architectural drawings, as well as CAD system design software.